Last year I had an obsession about combing fiber, apparently this year I have another obsession with carding fiber! lol! I have discovered that when you comb dyed fiber it makes the end result in the yarn be quite barber poled. (Has anyone noticed that I am not a fan of said barber polling?) So, in the end for me, it is better to card dyed fleece and comb my natural fleeces I think. I showed you the dyed up Peggy Sue last week (I still love those photos!) and this weekend I have been spinning them up on the Reeves Frame wheel.
First let’s start with a rolag and roll her out:
And if you know my cat, he wants to play too:
Yeah, ok Nitro. . . so after I get it away from him I pull it into roving, going from bottom corner to top, turn to bottom pull to top, turn etc.:
Then roll into a bird’s nest you can spin from:
And away you go:
Pull out any second cuts and hay as you go:
I am very worried about the excess dye and what it might be doing to my wheel, the single rubs on corners.
but I have to finish spinning all of this before I try to soak it all out and set it again. OMG It better come out!! OK that’s it! Have fun with yours rolags!
On the Olympic knitting front:
I have been knitting along with the Olympics (at night only) and so far here is my Cross Over Rib:
I like it a lot, but to look at that butterfly more closely, because it is made from feathers and very cool:
Don’t you love it?! Gosh I do!
I’ve been Tagged by Knittedgems (I am so honored!) to tell 6 quirky things about myself. Well goodnight, I dunno! I guess first here are the rules:
The tag rules are as follows:
1. Link to the person who “tagged” you. 2. Post the rules on your blog. 3. Write six random things about yourself. 4. Tag six people at the end of your post. 5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. 6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.
Ok, so here goes:
1. I don’t like banana flavored anything! I like banana’s only as bananas!
2. I don’t like to be in the passenger seat of any car going up or down a mountain!
3. I don’t knit with foo-foo yarn, unless I am forced to.
4. I think I like my animals (Nitro, Jake, Bailey and Blazer) more than I like most people!
5. I can drink my coffee hot, cold, and especially as ice cream, but I would gain a lot of weight that way and not get enough caffeine to boot!
6. I am obsessed with my weight. I constantly feel like I’m obese.
And that’s all from this corner of the world! Here are my tagees:
I think half of these bloggin’ buds may not even blog anymore, but hey! I tried right? Have a good week!