I have been just having a heck of a time getting excited about what is on the needles. Maybe it is my New Year’s Resolution of “Thou must finish one of your WIPs before Thou starts a new Project.” I was trying to do this with Spinning fiber and Knitting objects, but apparently that is just too darn hard for this gal.
I did get Colette plied up (276 yards in this skein) and here she sits on the jumbo bobbin and with Georgia and Painted Desert:
So that is looking good for the Mill Pond jacket I want to make by Ron Schweitzer. Remember that I need five colors and it looks like these are going to be three of them, however, I am not 100% sure about the Painted Desert staying in the mix since the last skein I set the twist on still bled, and I don’t want all my hard fair isle work to go to waste. . . I will try one more time to set the color and if that doesn’t work, I will have to try Plan B. Plan B includes more pinks being spun up from another source!
So since I reasoned that I did finish the two bobbins of Colette, (let’s not mention that the basket still holds a lot of her fiber, tho) and I got two new bobbins in the mail this week, I started this fiber called Blackberry by Loop:
I think I have dyed and gone to heaven! This is some amazing stuff, made out of alpaca and bamboo and the smallest bit of glitz! I am aiming for mittens for some recipient for next year’s Christmas gift. The stats are that I am getting approximately 28 wpi and all in all I think I’m in love! I personally think she is a bit pricey, ($15 for 3 oz) but the ease of spinning this has made up for it in spades! Caryn took this picture with her new camera, but I have decided that getting a good shot of wpi is just about impossible!
And here is the bobbin getting started, I think I got interrupted about a bazillion times, so this was it yesterday. I did use the method that Vicki showed us way back in April 2007 to start the leader on this new bobbin. It works really well and I highly recommend it!